Get the latest case data and updates, learn how to protect yourself and others and get advice on what to do next if you think you might have.
- You can take a self-assessment to help you decide if you need a test.
- Find a testing location and learn what to expect during your test.
- After you’ve been tested, get your results online.
- Screen for before you go to work or other public place.
To find out more about COVID-19 in the Province of Ontario click here.
Help stop the spread
- can be a deadly disease. You can take actions to help stop the spread:
- Only travel if it’s essential, and isolate for 14 days if you do.
- Stay home – save lives and don’t put others at risk.
- Practise physical distancing – stay 2 metres away from anyone who is not in your household.
- Wash your hands with soap and water thoroughly and often.
- Learn about face coverings – how to use, clean and dispose.
- Get the facts about – basics, symptoms and treatment.
- Get sector-specific resources to prevent in the workplace.
- Updates and resources from Public Health Ontario.
MHC’s office closed to the public at this time. See the calendar for ongoing virtual activities.
When not in a pandemic situation, MHC offers various recreational activities throughout the week that will be of interest In the future.
- Life Skills Classes: cooking, nutrition, budgeting, etc.
- Personal Growth Classes: self-esteem, anger management, mindfulness, recovery strategies, boundaries, communication, etc.
- Recreational Activities: ceramics, crafts, music, art, writing, computers, leisure games, scheduled outings, educational sessions or discussions, speakers, etc.
- Peer Support: eight-week wellness recovery action plan
- Vocational: hospitality, maintenance, etc.
- Physical Activities: fitness workouts, aqua fitness, walks, open gym, bowling, aikido, aerobics, zumba, yoga, ballroom dancing, circuit training, etc. eight-week wellness recovery action plan
MHC also picks up at Rest Homes to encourage participation in daily programming. Clients are transported to: food banks, fruit markets shopping trips to stores to purchase personal needs, i.e. food, hygiene products, clothing and other basic necessities.
Using bussed transportation, we also plan client outings to the following, as examples:
- Windsor’s New Aquatic Centre (3 times per week)
- Detroit River Boat Cruise, Windsor
- Bert Weeks Park, Windsor
- John R. Park Homestead, Kingsville
- Greenview Aviaries – outside of Chatham
- Annual MHC Christmas Party
- Tri-County Halloween Party in Chatham
- Tri-County Trip to Colasanti’s Tropical Gardens
- Tri-County St. Patrick’s Day Party in Chatham
- Wigle Park, Windsor