MHC offers various recreational activities throughout the week that may be of interest.
- Life Skills Classes: cooking, nutrition, budgeting, etc.
- Personal Growth Classes: self-esteem, anger management, boundaries, communication, etc.
- Recreational Activities: ceramics, crafts, music, art, writing, computers, leisure games, scheduled outings, educational sessions or discussions, speakers, etc.
- Physical Activities: fitness workouts, aqua fitness, walks, open gym, bowling, Aikido, aerobics, zumba, circuit training, etc.
MHC also picks up at Rest Homes to encourage participation in daily programming. Clients are transported to: food banks, fruit markets shopping trips to stores to purchase personal needs, i.e. food, hygiene products, clothing and other basic necessities.
Using bussed transportation, we also plan client outings to the following, as examples:
- Windsor’s New Aquatic Centre (3 times per week)
- Detroit River Boat Cruise, Windsor
- Bert Weeks Park, Windsor
- John R. Park Homestead, Kingsville
- Greenview Aviaries – outside of Chatham
- Annual MHC Christmas Party
- Tri-County Halloween Party in Chatham
- Tri-County Trip to Colasanti’s Tropical Gardens
- Tri-County St. Patrick’s Day Party in Chatham
- Wigle Park, Windsor